KETUANAN MELAYU is just downright racist, so is Ketuanan Cina, India or whatever. (Read this).
So Mukhriz Mahathir, what do you mean “misunderstanding” of it is a result of lack of unity? The concept itself separates and divides Malaysians, because it bleeds into the country’s policies and how one citizen is differently treated from another.
Oh, but don’t worry, the MCA, another racist party, is taking the opportunity to respond to Muhkriz by championing the cause of vernacular schools!
And if you are so bloody interested in UNITY in the first place, resign from UMNO coz how do you promote UNITY when you keep shouting KETUANAN MELAYU???!!!
Also I agree with Richard Loh’s “MALAYSIANS for ALL” blog, that before Muhkriz can talk about abolishing vernacular schools, can he also suggest these:
1) Close down “malay only” schools and form only national schools where all Malaysians can study together.
2) Remove the ketuanan melayu idealogy. All Malaysian citizens are master of this land.
3) Close down Mara or open it to all Malaysians that qualify for entrance.
4) Remove the nep and let all Malaysians be equal as citizen of this country.
5) Make meritocracy the norm for all universities entry, promotions in civil service and other aspects of businesses, cabinet posts etc.
6)Dissolve umno and all bn component parties and form one party where any races can apply and be a member.
Hmm, that’s a good one, Richard.
By the way, I do not think that the reason for disunity is vernacular schools. I have many friends, close ones at that, who are from vernacular schools. I have no problems understanding their worldviews, just because I do not think mine is the GREATEST! or that I am the BEST! or that British and American education is the FINEST!
If one can be humble enough and see others worldview and where they come from, would it be just a lovely world?
Sadly, some people think their opinions and their education, including their worldviews are the greatest, finest and the best.
6) Make it illegal for anyone to pass racist remark against any Malaysian or calling Malaysians to leave the country if one is not happy.