Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng is going to walk about tomorrow to mark the second anniversary of George Town as a Unesco Heritage site. His programme include:
(1) 8.30 am, Municipal Council, Jalan Padang Kota Lama;
He’s taking a trishaw tour from the MPPP building (officiating the Trea-Saw Hunt) to the Court House (9.45am); 1, Lebuh Penang (Leon Lim “The Last Chair” exhibitio) (10.15am); 29, China Street (10.30am) – “Parting Shot” oby Sharon Cheah; Stewart Lane (“Dream Ficus” by Fuan Wong) (11.05am); Transfer Road (Project “Marking George Town”) (11.25am); Transfer Road/ Lebuh Clark (Mosaic art) (11.50am); Lebuh Carnarvon/ Warisan Dunia office / “ Greening George Town” – official ceremony/ exhibition (12.20am); Refreshments – Armenian Street: Yap Kongsi (1.00am).
3. UNFORGETTABLE GEORGE TOWN NIGHT – STREET CELEBRATION (5.30pm) – Teow Chew Association, Chulia Street;
4. Armenian Street (Yap Kongsi) lunch (1.00pm)
5. UNFORGETTABLE GEORGE TOWN NIGHT – STREET CELEBRATION (Governor will attend) (5.50pm) – eochew Association, Lebuh Chulia;
6. CLOSING CEREMONY – 9.00pm – Padang Kota Lama.