Image from boortz.com.
Since Anwar has his full statement in his blog, I’ll give you other bits and pieces said during the press conference in PKR’s office today.
During the PC, Anwar says that he had submitted the evidence and document to the police in Shah Alam, which relates in detail how IGP Musa Hassan and AG Gani Patail had ‘pakat’ (conspire) against him during his 1998-99 sodomy trials.
You can read his full statement in English, here.
Other than this, Anwar added that a former Chief Justice (he did not name who) had broke down and cried, saying that “We were under order. We have no choice but to do it”. Is this ex-CJ still alive? Better get a statutory declaration from him, Anwar.
2. Regarding Saiful Bukhairy Azlan, Anwar said it was during the March 8 elections that the former had become a volunteer as all his other aides, like Nik Nazmi, were contesting.
3. Anwar tried to obtain Saiful’s police report but to no avail. He said, it was all “a consipiracy, it did not happen”.
” I have all the evidence and alibi to support me. Last time they stole my diary and never return to me. This time, it is fresh in my memory and I have ample witnesses,” he added.
He said he was prepared for any DNA test. “My hairs are already falling, it can be found everywhere,” he joked, something to that effect.
4. He had asked his wife Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, opposition leader in Parliament, to tell Abdullah Ahmad Badawi that enough was enough. Oh yes. Because we too are tired of these games as well!
5. He also spoke about the cross-over of BN MPs – the meeting which apparently took place where Saiful alleged that Anwar had sodomised him – at the Damansara condo. He was supposed to announce the cross overs tonight but that would have to delay now.
6. Souces said he had received news that his life was in danger a few days before Saiful lodged the controversial police report.
7. He said he would fight his enemies tooth and nail (every inch of the way).